Thursday 12 November 2015

I'm back in Eagles to score goals- Obafemi Martins



Nigeria international Obafemi Martins has declared that he is back to the Super Eagles with quest to score goals for the country beginning from the World Cup qualifiers against Swaziland on Friday.
The Seattle Sounders’ forward returned to the senior national team after calling it quit last year after falling out with former coach Stephen Keshi.
Obagoal as he is popularly called by admirers expressed delight with the atmosphere in camp, lauding the mix of young talents and experience in the Super Eagles.
“I am glad I am back. It’s the national team. I am just here to score goals and help the team win games,” Martins told media.
“The spirit in camp is good. We have talented young players. We have a new captain. Almost everything is new to me in the camp," he continued.
"But I am going to do my best for the team to ensure we win because this is a World Cup qualifier and not a friendly. The only thing I am here for is to support them and help them win games," he concluded.
The Super Eagles’ players and officials will stay at the Sun Hotels in Swaziland and will have a feel of the Somhlolo National Stadium, Lobamba on Thursday by 7pm.
The return leg holds in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, 17th November, with the winner progressing to the next round of World Cup qualifiers

No comments:

Post a Comment