Wednesday 20 January 2016

Wife seeks dissolution of 14 years marriage for alleged infidelity


follow:@osolaolaiatano
Kemi Jokotola, a 38-year-old businesswoman  had  urged an Alimosho Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve her 14-year-old marriage for alleged of infidelity and abandonment.

Jokotola  made this known on Wednesday to the Court  during  her testimony.
 According to her, “my husband does not respect and obey our marital vows. He abandoned me to marry another woman without my knowledge.

“In 2005, after three years of our marriage, my husband packed out of the house to an unknown destination, telling me he was done with me because I had yet to give him a child.

“But in 2007, he came to beg me for forgiveness and I accepted him back because we did church wedding. But he again left me in 2009.
“In 2013, he resurfaced again and was begging but with intervention from my family, I accepted him again into the house I rented with my money.

“All the time of his appearing and disappearing, he neither gave me money for food nor paid the rent and electricity bill,’’ she said.

According to NAN, Jokotola accused her husband of infidelity, adding that there were some calls he would not pick inside the house.
 She pleaded with the court to dissolve the 14-year-old marriage that had nothing to show for both now and in the future.

In her words “Please, dissolve the marriage which has not produced any child, I don't love him anymore, he is a betrayal and a cheat." she pleaded.

However, the   Court’s President, Alhaja S.O Mumuni, adjourned the case till Feb. 22, for judgment.









Source- NAN


No comments:

Post a Comment